Sunday, November 8, 2009

I am a big fan of spinner baits, as a matter of fact, it is probably my first choice in baits. I usually carry 3 or 4 fishing rods with me, and there is almost always a spinner bait tied on 1 of them. There are many different brands and most of them are good, I like Strike King and Boo Yah baits the best. They are nearly weedless lures and can be cast into almost any place without snagging. I have had great success with chartreuse colors and white with willow leaf style blades. If all else fails a spinner bait will usually get 'em! You also need to consider sizes, a normal bait is 3/8 or 1/2 ounce, these are awesome, but sometimes fish don't bite. If this is the case you may need to downsize to a 1/8 ounce spinnerbait. I have done this numerous times when the bites slack off, and sometimes the bass just are looking for something smaller.

No comments:

Post a Comment